Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day~The Mom Diaires

Mother's Day~The Mom Diaries:  She's beautiful, the kind that starts from inside and wiggles out into a  sparkle. She's come to the age where she pretty much just asks for what she wants. A good week before Mother's Day she asks:  "Kelli, have you picked out my mushy Mother's Day card?" ...Yes, mom, Mush..with a little sap poured on, not to mention the sprinkles. This woman LOVES cards, and she sends lovely ones, beautifully written and worded. She says correspondence is her hobby~send stamps:)

She cramped my teenage style: No fashionable hoop earrings for me!  Why? They made you look like a Gypsy! No dating boys with motorcycles,who wore leather or had tattoos. Women should never drink martini's. They got you drunk..and then, well who knows what could happen! I couldn't work at the local A&W. Those girls wore short shorts and rolled out on skates to car windows to take hamburger orders from animals!

Yep...those girls probably wore hoop earrings, had boyfriends with motorcycles and drank martini's. Dirty ones.

She taught me manners. And, to my embarrassment, she taught them to my friends too. If she walked in the room where boys were sitting....they weren't sitting for long. You stood when a woman walked into the room. But, many of them, later in life, told me how much they appreciated the things she taught them. I did not have the cool mom who acted like one of us. It was not cool at the time, but I forgive her:)

And, honestly, I could comfortably eat with the Queen of England. Her table manners have nothing on mine. Why? Because my mom taught me...and it gave me confidence. Would I prefer to eat with my fingers? Yes, but thats another story.

It's Mother's Day and I'm feeling very blessed. I'm her favorite..and I think she made the right choice.
he.he.he:)





It's Mother's Day and I'm feeling very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment