Monday, May 7, 2012

Allowance Cop

It is PAINFUL writing this check for my traffic violation. But, that's the point, it's a fine for my disobedience~a civil penalty. And, it's hitting me where it hurts...my spending money. Ouch.

The lesson is learned. I am being very careful now. No more rolling through stop signs. I am making sure  I can legally turn on the red and when I see a police officer I point to my seatbelt and give him the thumbs up! I am Mrs. Barney Fife. "The LAW is the LAW!" :)

This is much more effective than if the police officer just gave me a "time-out". "Ma'am, please pull over to the curb and think about what you have done." Like  having to stand in a corner with a dunce hat on. Maybe they could put a bright orange traffic cone atop the car to add to the punishment by public humiliation...people slowly driving by to see who the poor soul was. (another reason to tint the windows: Black car, black windows = shady behavior)

But, no..I get enough thinking time while the officer is in the car behind me writing the ticket. How much is it going to be? Will he decide to give me a break? Wonder how his marriage is..did he just have a fight with his wife?..oh, I'm road kill.... And after the fact, they always tell me to have a nice day. And, I always say thank-you, which makes for a very civilized spanking.

Never wanting a lesson to be lost, it occurs to me that this type lesson may be valuable with an allowance. If Aidan knew he could get $5.00 a week, but ends up with 96 cents due to incurring fines for jobs not done...hmm I think I'm on to something.

Isn't it great how one generation can pass on valuable life lessons to the next? Just call me the Allowance Cop.....and have a nice day.

1 comment: