Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lofty Ambitions

For the moment, I am  turning aside from my loft ambitions to prosaic details. But, only for as long as it takes, then making a sharp turn back to my road of ambitious plans.

I have the next three days off. I guess I could call this a mini vacation. And what will I do with this mini vacation? Stay home and clean my house!

It's an exciting life! (don't be jealous:)

It will take the vast majority of time to clean out my closet. My shoes spill out into my room like I remember my little Barbie shoes looking when I would dump them out onto the floor to find the perfect pair for her going to the Ball dress.

The obsession started early. Adam blamed Eve..I blame Barbie.

I think I just need a system to organize the spillage. My daughter thinks I need a Goodwill bag....
How is it we are related?! She gets by with owning about four pair of shoes and is mostly happy in a pair of tennis shoes. With all my shoes, I'm not sure I even own a pair of tennis shoes. (or maybe they are just buried under that pile in the corner...)

And what's a mini vacation with out all that delicious vacation-y food! Today, I plan to make an entire meal from my Pintrest Cookbook Board.

Aw...Pintrest...My guilty pleasure, my time buster, my way to relax and get inspired! All my little boards of interest~with the names I lovingly gave to them at birth:)

Pintrest inspires the teacher,the designer, the cook and pastry chef in me. Pintrest makes me feel like I could coordinate anyone's wedding. It makes believe I could plan the theme, design the centerpieces, bake the cake and make the wedding favors. Not to mention capturing the day with the most creative photo's..worthy of a re-pin:)

Good thing I am happy being a professional bow-tie-er-on-er:)

Well, the timer just went off and that means my Mandarin Orange Cake is ready. I have The Best Danged Beef Pot Roast bubbling in the crock pot.(with the addition of the secret ingredient: 1 individual size serving of applesauce...strange I know...we shall see...)
Next will come Zucchini Oven Fries, Garlic Parmesan Knots and Corn Salad. All thanks to my fellow contributors of Pintrest.

I have been waiting for a mini vacation to do this!

I suppose I may have to visit my Work Out Board after today...that is of course if I ever find those tennis shoes....

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment