Friday, August 31, 2012

Here Kitty Kitty

Things are progressing nicely with my homeless cat and me. He recently confessed that if he could do things over again...he would have left his Tomcat ways sooner and settled down to a nice quiet little life  with me. That's a pretty sweet sentiment for a street-wise cat like mine. (Are women always trying to tame the wild beast?) We seem to understand each other. We speak the same language. Meow.

I give him his space. He leaves me presents.

He likes my cooking. I just go ahead and let him believe that I make everything from scratch. He pictures me in the kitchen (which he has never seen, he respects my boundaries) where I lovingly bake the salmon while the scallops are sauteing and the rice is steaming. I wear my little kitten slippers....

I mix it all together and gingerly roll it out with my wooden rolling pin and then cut it into smallish  shapes like fish and mice ~ something a Tomcat would like to sink his teeth into.  I pop it in the oven to bake until it resembles something much like Frisky's Seafood Sensation.

Which it is..

I hide the bag.

Some people may call this dishonest..
I prefer..mysterious.

I never ask where he has been. He stopped asking to come into the house.

Recently, when I was shopping in TJ Maxx. I found myself looking at handsome cat food bowls.
Up until then, it was only tupperware for my man. I made the purchase. I invested in the relationship.

I guess we are an official couple. Pretty soon, we will be watching The Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together every night. I'll keep the glass clean so he will have a clear view through the window.

We're perfect for each other..


No comments:

Post a Comment