Friday, June 22, 2012

A Small Wonder

A good day starts like this: I'm the first to wake up. I tip toe into the kitchen and quietly make a cup of coffee. The goal is to make it back into my bed without waking anyone. I sip my hot coffee while I read, write or listen to a favorite podcast. After a bit, I hear little footsteps walking down the hallway. I hear a knock at my door (because he is polite like that:) I ask "who IS it?" The door bursts open. I say "Aidan Lee Thomas! Get in this bed!" He runs to my bed and climbs in. I count his toes. Whew, all ten toes made it through the night:)

Then, we play my version of This Little Piggy. The first little piggy goes to the market. (The Fresh Market ~like his Ahma:) The next little piggy has a lot to do and decides to stay home. One little piggy is feasting on roast beef, while the next is apparently fasting.  The baby piggy is so filled with happiness that he shouts for joy all the way home! I weeeee,weeeee, weeeee...up Aidan's legs, across his tummy, around his head and then slow down to trace the shape of a heart on his chest. Home.

Today is not so good. There is something wrong with Aidan. He stumbles when he walks. Sometimes, when he is sitting playing with a car or a train, he falls over - falls over while sitting, that can't be good. We have an appointment today with his neurologist. It could be his medicine dosage. That would be the good news. We can fix that. Or it could be something else. I don't want to even think about what came up when I Google the symptoms.

I have been praying for Aidan's healing. This is a test of faith. Some of the questions on this test go like this:

Q. Does God hear my prayers?

My answers come from the Psalms.
"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry."
"He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him."
"The Lord  has heard my cry for mercy, the Lord accepts my prayer."

Q. How will we know what the right treatment is for Aidan?

My answer comes from Isaiah.
"Whether you turn to the right or turn to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying "This is the way.....walk in it."

And, there are some things that I just know.
I know He has a plan. To prosper us, to give us a hope and future.
That from the ends of the earth (or at the end of me) I can call to Him when  my heart is faint. He will lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.

Sometimes I wonder why things are the way they are. But, it's a small wonder, because I know that I am to "give thanks in all circumstances."
What does the Lord require of me?
To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God.

This is a test I hope to pass.





2 comments:

  1. Praying with you, Kelli. God is not surprised by any of this, He is not wondering what will happen... He is with you and He is in control of every step you guys are taking on this scary path. And to think that He loves Aidan even more than his family does? Now that is amazing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to add to Julie's powerful comment...God MADE sweet Aidan. The Creator made all of us so that we can be like His image. Aidan may be closer to His image than I am, than you are, or all of humanity. God is in control and it is my prayer that you will feel His sweet presence every minute, and I have no doubt you are passing the 'test.' Big hugs for you today. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete