Thursday, June 7, 2012

Do You Feel Lucky?

I just deposited a check into an ATM. It was a new machine. There were no envelopes, no place to put my name, my account number, my address, all the information I believe is necessary to insure that  this checks gets into MY account. It just wants me to insert the check into the slot. Naked.

I'm not so sure about this. I wrote this check to myself from another account. I don't have the best handwriting. I was expecting an envelope where I could clarify things. Like the amount. This check needs to go into my account..Kelli with an i. How in the world is this machine going to be able to read my scribble?

I bite my lip and say out loud (because I am not above talking to inanimate objects) "I'm not sure I trust you". I hear it saying "Don't worry baby, you can trust me, I have everything under control, just sit back and relax and don't you worry your pretty little head about it." I slip the check into the slot.

An amount comes up on the screen. "Is this the correct amount?" I can't believe it! It read my handwriting! It understands me! I start to believe it doesn't just want me  for my .....money:)

This is pretty darn exciting. I feel like I just gambled or something! I had a friend who, when we went out to eat would say to our server ..."Are you a gambler? Do you take risks?" It was always fun to see their expressions. Then he would make the offer:  "Double or nothing~heads or tails...You win, I double my tip, I win, I leave zero tip..and I mean zero, but, you should know that I am a very good tipper" They think about it for a minute...hm, a good tip would insure at least a 20%  - a sure thing. Or do they take the risk..and possibly get a 40% or even more  on what was usually a pretty large tab to begin with? I liked the brave ones.

Wonder what's next? On-line banking? One never knows what this dinosaur might do...I mean, look, I'm blogging:)  Unbelievable.




No comments:

Post a Comment