Thursday, January 21, 2016

Onyx.The Big Black Dog.




A wild beast lives in my house.
I'm not sure how it happened.
Something about a "Puppy" and we can "Train it."

I'm waiting for that last line to manifest itself...

Onyx is so big and so strong, I often forget he is still a puppy
His year is running out.
He better start "Adulting" soon.

He runs down the hall in the morning to greet me.
Because he misses me..
and he loves me....
and I'm the only one awake.

I trip over him.
I continue on my hands and knees into the kitchen.
No rain of drool
Or dog hair mess
Shall keep me from my coffee press!

He bolts into my room in the middle of the night.
Because he misses me..
and he loves me...
and I'm the only one awake.
(Now that he's on my head)

Maybe this is his teenager stage and prefers his fun in the middle of the night.

I don't know...but it's annoying.

So is his cigar smoking.

Or whatever that smell is...

Onyx is a labrador retreiver.

Look..he's retrieving my bra.



I say "drop it!"

He stares me down.

I say "come here!"

That's him leaving with said item...


He chews my pot holders and kitchen towels.

There's not a pice of furniture (fabric or wood) he hasn't tried to eat.

I guess you can say we share the same taste in decor..

He eats my underwear.
In need of confession and in an act of repentance and restitution, he returns them to me.
In the form of vomit.

One night I made Aidan cry.
He cried because I yelled at Onyx
For a long time..
And then I yelled again.

Aidan looked at me in disgust.

I said: "But, he ate my shoe!"
"Aidan, HE ATE MY SHOE!"

Sometimes I don't even think I like this dog.

But then there's this:




And I almost forgive him..








No comments:

Post a Comment