Thursday, April 3, 2014

Incognito


This is about the fastest I've ever sat down to write a blog. And I have to do it quickly because I need to be somewhere in 30 minutes. But, I don't want to forget to say thank you.

Do you ever feel like something is just meant to be? You are in the right place at the right time? I felt like that happened today.

Today is my day off. I was enjoying being in my home catching up on things and cleaning and playing on line and of course chatting to God. I told him that I thought he should just come back. That things weren't all that great around here. In the big scheme of things but mostly in my little world. Aidan isn't much better. We still have to hold on to him while he walks. It's hard to put weight on him..he's as skinny as a little bird. The whole thing is just sad and pathetic and I hate it. It effects everything about my life.

I figured it was God's day off too because he was a little quiet on the matter. No trumpets blew. We didn't all meet up in the sky. Aidan still falls.

Everyone is tired around here. It was a half day for Aidan so I wanted to give his mama a break and asked her if she thought he was stable enough for me to take him to the track like I used to when he was in better form. She didn't think so. I decided I would take him for a ride in the car and get him something to eat.

When he is this bad, I just go through the drive through (he likes Taco Bell Pinto's and cheese:) then I park and get into the backseat with him and feed him while he is still in his car seat. We talk and people watch. A dog was in a car next to us so that was fun.

He said he wanted ice cream. Sounded good! But, I just kept thinking about the track. I decided I would try it. I could hold him up while we walked. He needed the exercise. Ice cream could be the reward.

When I got there I saw a dad putting his son into something like a wheelchair. But, it wasn't a wheelchair. It was a fantastic trike for the disabled. Aidan was FASCINATED.
Long story short.,..It was a meeting that was just meant to be. I got so much information about the organization which sells these and other items and priceless conversation from a family who has walked a similar walk.

So, I am reminded that sometimes when I feel the Lord is silent..he often appears incognito. Like one great big masquerade party-in the form of family, friends and complete strangers.

And then we had ice cream.
And God is good.

6 comments:

  1. What a great path to cross. But then, you have crossed that path before. You know someone, who spent a significant number of years doing research and designing vehicles like this for the mobility challenged. God is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such interesting background. I hope I get to met you on my next visit, Tim.
      It delights me that you are such a FAN of my beautiful Kelli, Angel Child of My Heart.
      Sincerely, Gay Fama

      Delete
    2. Yes ma'am...I'm looking forward to it, as well! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Amazing. Thank you for taking the time to share, and to encourage others in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is sneaky like that... Got to love it!

    ReplyDelete