Monday, January 27, 2014

Name By Name



In nightly prayers
I share my heart
Not always sure where to start

Prayers for those I am apart
Always fill this mother's heart

Safely in your care I know
This you promised long ago

In secret prayers to you, my Lord
You call my children my reward

And, so I prayed
Name... by name
Through whatever darkness came

There's a battle for the human soul
It sets a price, exacts a toll.

Prays fought out on bended knee
Power like the raging sea...

Dare you test this mother's faith?
I plan to stand and win this race

What's to gain in this long fight?
Added names to the Book of Life

And so I pray
Name..by name.



















1 comment:

  1. "Oh what a power is motherhood, possessing
    A potent spell
    All women alike
    Fight fiercely for a child."
    ~ Euripides

    ReplyDelete