Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthday Candles or Blowtorch?

  

Birthday untruths I tell myself;)
                    
1: I'm not getting older! I'm getting better!

2: Kelli! Those are some pretty cute laugh lines you've got going on there!

3: Red wine gives me abs!

4: I'm just a natural list maker. It's not that I can't remember...

5: These brown spots give my skin a nice suntanned glow and completely eliminate any need to ever wear animal print!

6: Men love thick women..

Other random birthday thoughts:

1: I should have at least as many reading glasses laying around as Aidan has monster trucks.

2: Birthday mail is great! A free coffee from Starbucks, free undies from Victoria Secret!  But, I'm not so sure about that letter about preparing my final affairs. And, what's up with this plastic surgeon sending me a birthday coupon for 20% off Botox? Isn't that cream I buy from you supposed to negate the need for that? Please!

3: I believe if I had a Louis Vuitton handbag to carry - my arms would be much more well defined...

4: When estrogen leaves a woman's body, she does it all sassy Alicia Keys style - to the tune of "Girl on Fire" (and she's not kidding) Why do women feel like they need to go through this (and childbirth) naturally when there are perfectly good drugs out there to ease the pain? I suppose because women have been doing this since the beginning of time and we don't want to wimp out. (I would hate to disappoint Eve:)

I had a beautiful friend who lived to be in her late 90's.  She and my mom are my go to girls for aging gracefully. Edie would order her pie the same time she ordered her meal. Chocolate meringue if she could get it.  Her pie would sit there in all it's tempting deliciousness next to  her coffee cup while we ate~moisture beads forming on the meringue like sequins - 1000 points of light, making me wonder why my coffee cup didn't have a pie partner.  I often wondered why she did this. Edie always told me she liked to have something to look forward to. Maybe this applied to pie. She was also the one who told me about the pie wish. Yep, apparently when you take the first bite of pie (you know, at the point) you get to make a wish!  I would watch her as she closed her eyes and her fork would slide through the pie point... a little smile would spread across her face. I often saw the little girl in Edie peeking out of her wrinkled, darkened skin. No wonder she lived so long:)

Birthday truths I tell myself:

1: There is still so much to look forward to. Still so much I want to try, do and learn.
2: Relationships get better and deeper with time. Family and friends become very important.
3: And last but not least, if I could turn back the hands of time, I wouldn't do it. It's onward and forward for me.

Birthdays:.. they're not so bad. I look ok in candlelight:)  I'll take as many as you will give me Lord. Talk about a gift..


Isaiah 46:4 (NIV) “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”



1 comment: