Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sparrow

This wasn't a very good morning. I'm sick with something today. I am very thankful it's my day off and I can rest.

But, it's Aidan's first day of 1st grade! We are excited around here..even with a fever:)

Knowing that things rarely go smoothly, we adjust to the fact that they have Aidan on the wrong bus schedule. No one answers the phone at transportation. No one seems to know what's going on.

I've been told about this squeaky wheel.
I don't want to have to be the squeaky wheel.
I just want things to go right.

We live 5 minutes from the school. We could easily drive Aidan, but he loves the bus. He gets excited about a bus ride. (Today he signed that he would like a green bus. I told him it would probably be yellow:)

We finally hear last night that the bus will arrive at 8:20
At 8:55,  I'm loading him into the car when the bus comes around the corner.

The bus driver does not look happy. She has had bad morning.
Aidan's aide on the bus does not aide- because she is busy talking on the phone.
She doesn't look up. She doesn't stand up. She is busy talking on the phone.

Oh! How I miss last years wonderful driver and aide. The ones Busboy would call hags:)  I'm sure he would have plenty to say about these women. I could have said a few things....squeak like a wheel. (I clearly need to learn a few more signs:)

They don't speak to Aidan. I walk with him to his seat. His mother hands the aide his backpack.
She's busy talking on the phone.

Well, now I'm getting hot. It's a hot flash, mixed with a fever, mixed with a grandma wanting Aidan to be welcomed, but instead he gets two grumpy old 'hags".

I'm feeling overwhelmed. I collapse into bed. I picture Aidan's little face through the bus window.
I have 100 things I worry about regarding Aidan. His condition is no joke. It will not make for an easy path.

It's the heartbreak of my life.

And then I hear a whisper.

"I have my eye on the sparrow"

What?

What Lord?

"I have my eye on the sparrow. I see. I know."

That insignificant little bird, the one of small value. Two were sold for a penny, and if the buyer would want four, the seller would throw another one in for free and yet not one would fall to the ground without the Father's notice.

His eye is on my little sparrow. He knows. He sees.




"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear, and resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears; though by the path He leadeth but one step I may see: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me...


1 comment: