Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Joy In The Morning

Before I even opened my eyes this morning, I laid there wondering why I had taken this day off.
Oh! It must be my massage day! I'm sure it was a Wednesday. I made the appointment while I was driving, and I MEANT to write it down later..but, surely I would remember a massage appointment. ( I mean,  it's hardly like remembering a dentist or mammogram appointment...)
So, I lay there thinking that soon, I will be going from one bed to another...a heated one, in a candle lit room. Zen spa music...
*Bliss*
But, I'm not sure. I better call. "No," she tells me, "It's two weeks from today" I secretly hope she will add "But, I just happened to have this morning free if you would like to reschedule"......only in my dreams. So, I have a little morning adjustment.


I hear Aidan in the kitchen. He is working on  his Monster Truck line up and adding jumps. He gives me joy in the morning.
The bus is late, which I LOVE because then it's THEM and not us..which is usually the sad case. I have no idea why is takes so much longer to get Aidan ready and out the door and down to the bottom of our driveway then I remember it taking getting my three children ready, lunched packed and a half hour drive to school ahead of us..but, it does. Aidan's mornings are a bit of a production. But, now we have time to play with the neighbors dogs. I usually don't borrow things from my neighbors..except their pets..
The dog decides it will take Aidan's mitten. I don't blame him..it was cold out there.

Aidan lifts up his mitten-less hand. Good thing his mother is there and can run after the dog. Because, I don't like to run in the morning..or at any other time...
Alpha dogs runs up to me and proudly shows me the mitten..and then he is off again! He is as proud of the boys mitten as a big fat juicy bone.
The bus is really late! Thank goodness, because now we are actually trespassing. But, Amie makes contact with the dog, and gently eases the mitten from his fangs.

And...that's what I call Joy In The Morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment